My Personal Quotes to Live by
Updated: Sep 7, 2020
I was trying to think on what to write lately being so occupied with a new venture which I am truly enjoying. I was thinking of skipping this week but I felt guilty if I couldn’t publish anything at all. It seems that it’s a sin to defy one of the resolutions I made this year. And besides, if I skip, it’s going to become a norm and I’ll end up not writing at all again.
Then I remembered I posted some quotes which I came up personally on Facebook before so I thought I’m going to share them with you. I came up with a lot actually, but I’m going to write my top 20 favorites only since I want to avoid a very long blog. I know most of you can relate to these quotes. You can share these with anybody you want to motivate, to cheer up or just to inspire.
1. Life has always a story to tell. Write one.
2. Sometimes, we look back on our life not to dwell on the pain and hurt but to recall the happy moments. Though we wish we could have done better, we are still thankful that we have made it through despite the odds.
3. We expect everything to be perfect that we forget that imperfections still capture wonderful moments. So, enjoy life despite its flaws. Nothing is perfect. That is a fact.
4. If you don't mean what you always say, don't say anything at all.
5. Whatever decision we make, we’re going to have to live with it.
6. Don't wait for things to happen. Make them happen.
7. We only have little time left in this world so, we better spend it with the ones we truly care about or end up having regrets someday.
8. When you have experienced being hounded by problems and another one comes along, you still get the feeling of being scared but you get to shrug and say, "I know I can get through this."
9. In friendship, you just have to accept that you’re not loved as much as the other is. There is always a greater one than you.
10. If you focus on what you have left behind, you will never see what lies ahead.
11. For every morning we wake up, give thanks to the Lord with a grateful heart.
12. When someone leaves you and breaks your heart, don't ever think you can't live life without that person anymore. You have gotten through anything without him before he came, you can still get through now that he's gone.
13. If you feel that you're losing hope, just remember that life has a lot to offer. You just have to open your eyes to see all the opportunities surrounding you.
14. Just because you turn your back on someone doesn’t mean you don’t care anymore. Sometimes, letting go is the best thing to do. Rather than hurting each other one day, it’s best to leave while you still care.
15. Don’t wait till tomorrow to tell someone that you love them. That day may not come.
16. Mornings make us realize that there are a lot of things to be thankful for, that the sun always shines after darkness and we always get another chance to correct our mistakes.
17. You are responsible for your thoughts and feelings. Whatever you decide to feel today determines your mood throughout the day.
18. Patience is always a virtue. God is not a vending machine which dispenses anything we want when we insert a coin into it. We must learn how to wait for He really knows what's best for us.
19. To become a better person, don't compare yourself to others. Be a better version of yourself. Compare yourself to you.
20. Sunsets always remind us that no matter how tough life is, we always make it at the end of the day. It tells us that it’s time to rest for tomorrow is another day to start all over again.
I came up with these quotes when I was having random feelings or when I was feeling low or when I just wanted to post something inspiring on social media. If there are similarities to any quotes from other people, it is not my intention to plagiarize.
I hope I inspire you!